Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Accenture in Auckland City


Image result for hour of code accenture










Today, many of us year 10 students from Tamaki College were given the opportunity to visit a Management consulting company called Accenture in Auckland city. 
At the company, I learned about the variety of jobs that people in IT do and I also experienced coding for the first time. There were at least 5 games that we got to play which all had to do with coding. 

Fortunately, we were all lucky enough to meet Timoti Wharewaka by video calling him and hearing the awesome things he had to say about being a Maori guy and finding a career in IT. Which I thought was interesting since it seemed like IT is a white and foreign-dominated industry. We also talked about how they are trying to encourage Maori And Pacific, people to research and experience more careers in the IT to bring more diversity into the industry. 
But something that I really enjoyed at Accenture is experiencing virtual reality for the first time. 

At the end of the day, I really enjoyed my experience at Accenture and is Thankful to the team at Accenture for introducing us to something new. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming Courtney, I am glad you enjoyed it! Timoti's story is indeed inspiring and IT is definitely a career that anyone can be part of. The exciting thing for me about VR is that is a used for more than just gaming, such as training doctors, helping design buildings and learning how to deal with different situations.
    Thanks - Mark

    ReplyDelete