Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Day four- Summer learning journey


  Day four Activity 1
Think about all of the books that you have read over the past year. Which one was your favourite?  On your blog list the title and author of the book and then provide a short description of it. What is the book about?

Tittle: Hobbit
Author: J.R.R Tolkien
The Hobbit is about Bilbo Baggins , a hobbit who is surprised when Gandalf the grey wizard turns up knocking on his hobbit door with thirteen other dwarves. Leaving his comfortable hobbit hole behind Bilbo Baggins set out on quest with the company of the thirteen dwarves and Gandalf who helps them along the way. They are leaded by Thorin Oakenshield the king under the moutain. The main purpose of the quest was to regain the lost dwarven kingdom of the lonely mountain from the dragon Smaug.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Courtney,

    You have chosen a great book for Curious Kiwi to take with you on the airplane to Chile. I think that he'll love it and I also think that he'll enjoy reading it because it's such an action-filled and dynamic book. Fortunately, it's also very long so it will take Curious Kiwi hours to read and it will help him to pass the time while he's on the airplane flying from Auckland to Chile.

    When I travel a long distance I always try to bring a big book with me. It makes the long haul fight so much easier to bear!

    Thanks again for the great recommendation.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy Courtney..
    It great to hear your reading great books. Hobbits is a great and funny story. I read this book it is really interesting.. Once I read the first page I couldn't stop.. So yeah I hope your book is a great book to read Courtney..

    Sincerely Juanita....

    ReplyDelete