Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Day four- Summer learning journey

 
Day four Activity 2: Read the following reviews of these three books - Catching Fire, Matilda and Diary of a Wimpy Kid - The Ugly Truth. They are all books that are really popular in Canada. If you had to choose one of these three books for Curious Kiwi to read on the plane, which one would you choose? Post the name of the book on your blog. Underneath the title, explain why you would choose that book.


Image result for catching fire bookCatching fire

If I could choose a book for curious kiwi to read while on the plan I would choose
Catching fire because it sounds like a book that can hook the reader in at the beginning of the book and can keep the reader interested through out the book.   





1 comment:

  1. Hi Courtney,

    I definitely agree with your assessment. I think that 'Catching Fire' would really capture the reader's interest and keep them engaged. I have heard from other students that this book is great. They have also recommended the Hunger Games movies. Have you seen any of the movies or read the books? From what I understand they are a bit violent but not too graphic. I wonder if Curious Kiwi would also like the movies. What you do think?

    Thanks again for participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year. To acknowledge your participation we have posted a Blogging Award on your site. Well done! I hope that you continue to blog throughout the year and join us again next summer for our programme.

    Cheers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete