Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Day 5 - Summer learning journey


 
Day 5 Activity 1: Once you have read these phrases you will be ready to leave the airport and head to your hotel. Take a moment and imagine how you might feel if you were standing in an airport in a foreign country and you didn’t speak the language. Would you be scared? Would you feel confident? Write a short poem that describes how you might be feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc). Post your poem on your blog.

Feeling nervous I don't know what to do I look around and nothing looks familiar Unsure what I should do to I look around for help I'm asking people if they speak English they look away not knowing what else to do Anxious about the journey ahead of me but cant help but feeling excited I ignore the butterflies in my stomach and focus more on my trip I look to the left and see the clear blue water of the ocean I smile, happy that I didn't turn my back on this wonderful trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney! It's so great to see that you've been able to re-join our Summer Learning Journey. I hope that you've noticed the blogging award that has now been posted to your blog to recognise your great work with this programme.

    I will look forward to reading through each of your blogs this evening and tomorrow morning. I am currently messaging you as a reminder that tomorrow (26 January) is the last day of the Summer Learning Journey programme. If you're keen to earn more points, please log on and complete any of the remaining activities. There are plenty to choose from!

    I'll check back in tomorrow to see if you've posted anything new and to comment on each of the great blogs that you have posted today :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Courtney ☺

    The Summer Learning Journey programme has now come to an end. Thank you so much for being involved this summer!

    Over the next few months I plan to review the programme. As part of the review process I am hoping to gather feedback from participants, just like you! To tell me what you think please log onto the Summer Learning Journey website and click on the ‘Feedback’ tab. It will take you to a short online form. Can you please fill it out? It should only take about 5 minutes. I’d love to hear what you think!

    I will also be coming into your school in a few weeks to hand out participation certificates. I am really looking forward to seeing you then!

    Thanks again for joining our Summer Learning Journey this year. I really hope that you join our holiday blogging programme again next summer.

    Cheers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete