Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

Problem Solving

Today for maths I created a DLO to show a strategy I used to answer  the maths question. The question was (Sajiha read a book with 6003 words in it in 4 weeks. In the first week she read 653 words. In the second week she read 497 words and in the third week she read 1183 words. How many more words did she read in week 4? )To answer this question I first found the total of the numbers, then I added the numbers of words Sajhia read I then used subtraction to find the missing numbers and then I plus the numbers to make sure I had the right answer.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you remembered that both addition and subtraction could help you solve and check your answer Courtney. Remember to look at the numbers and think carefully about what the words are asking you to do with those numbers.

    ReplyDelete